Paul Presents | The Newbury Lions with Judith Colby
Lions Clubs International was founded in 1917 and is the largest voluntary organisation in the world. Its principal goals are to promote good citizenship, to take an active interest in the community, to serve its needs and to relieve distress.
Lions Clubs are an international network of men and women who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities across the world.
- Members of the world’s largest and most active service club organisation.
- Men and women who believe that by working together they will accomplish far more than would be possible as individuals.
- Members committed to solving worldwide health and social problems, and who realise that solutions are possible when every Lions Club participates.
- People who cherish the fellowship of their own Club, but who also feel a close kinship with Lions in over 200 countries throughout the world.
- Individuals dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in their Club – and in their personal lives.
- People who are serious about their commitment to humanitarian service, but have fun along the way.
HELPING OUR COMMUNITY
The Lions Club of Newbury has been supporting the local community since it’s formation in 1970. Members are ordinary people like you who get together to help those who may need a bit of extra support from time to time. Organising fund raising activities, acting as stewards at other groups’ events and giving direct service while having fun are just some of the things we do.
Please contact us, if you have a few hours to spare every now and then and would like to help us.