Hungerford Food Community love to bring local residents and producers together to reduce food miles and value the local, seasonal ingredients.
They love to inspire people of all ages to enjoy cooking more at home and together as they believe this is good for our health, our soul and the planet.
It’s also lots of fun and tastes great too.
What do they offer?
- monthly food and artisan markets with over 30 local stalls from April to October to reduce food miles and support local producers
- cooking demonstrations of seasonal recipes at the markets
- seed and seedling swaps for veg, fruit and herbs at the markets
- food waste minimisation tips using up leftovers
- foil collection for recycling at the markets
- cookery workshops eg Big Cook, Little Cook with Tessa Brown, Sustainable Community Cafe using ingredients that would be thrown away by supermarkets,
- award-winning Bags of Taste course for residents on a budget who have not cooked before, in partnership with West Berkshire Foodbank
- monthly cooking sessions with Hungerford Youth Club
- cooking activities at Hungerford Primary School
- funding for ovens and cookery equipment at Hungerford Primary School
- funding cookery equipment for organisations on request
They are always looking for volunteers. If you would like to get involved, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org