If you need help planning your big day why not check out 77 Diamond’s incredibly comprehensive guide to sustainable, zero waste, ethical weddings
It offers plenty of valuable information such as:
- An in-depth look at sustainable and ethical weddings – why they are important and how choosing a green wedding helps reduce the strain on the environment.
- Eye-opening facts and figures about the carbon footprint and waste generated by weddings and the wedding industry as a whole (did you know that around 4,910 tonnes of unrecyclable plastic is used up by weddings annually?).
- How to plan a sustainable wedding – including plenty of tips on finding green wedding planners and suppliers, eco-friendly wedding venues, organic and zero-waste food and catering, and other helpful resources.
- Other useful green wedding resources, organisations, and zero-waste tips and advice to help make weddings more ethically conscious and environmentally friendly
In all the excitement, it’s easy to overlook the impact a wedding might have on the environment. Sustainability is being spoken about more now than ever. Luckily, if this is something you want to take into account on your wedding day, you can.
77 Diamonds find out how, as they explore the perfect way to host a sustainable, zero-waste, ethical wedding. They’ll break down the damage a regular wedding has, before introducing alternatives for you to try.
77 Diamonds discovered you throw away which can’t be recycled has a negative impact on the environment. If something isn’t biodegradable, it could take thousands of years to break down naturally.
Plastic is unsurprisingly at the heart of the issue.
love heartwood’s wedding journal
Where could be a more perfect sustainable Autumn proposal venue than a rustic shepherd’s hut? Especially with a suitably earthy, rustic and rich colour scheme. A campfire and an evening........
urrounded by two thousand acres of green pastures, wildflower meadows, ancient woodland and fields of heritage grains, Sheepdrove is set in four square miles of landscaped naturalistic grounds that include an aromatic herb garden and a long lake with pontoon and boathouse.
- sustainable and ethical weddings