What They do:
Charlottes tandems lend, at no cost (i.e. for free), tandems and tag-alongs to (and only to) people with disabilities or additional needs, who are unable to ride a bike safely on their own, so that they can enjoy the wonders of cycling.
What you need to do:
- Fill in the Contact Form and someone (probably Alex) will put you in touch with the nearest Volunteer.
- Arrange with the Volunteer to collect the tandem or tag-along from them.
- Fill in a Borrower’s Form and hand it to the Volunteer when you collect the bike. A large print version is available. Also show the Volunteer some evidence of the disability.
- Have fun riding the bike. Hire is normally at least two months.
- Send us photos and comments for us to publish.
- Return the bike in a fit state to the Volunteer at the end of your hire for the next people to ride straight away.
Please make sure you follow current virus protection advice when collecting or returning one of our tandems from their Volunteers.
What they don’t (and won’t) do:
- Lend (or hire) cycles to non-disabled people, even for charity rides.
- Lend solo trikes.
- Provide someone to ride with.
- Give rides.