Arlington Arts Reopen with Big Boss Man
★★★★ BLUES & SOUL ★★★★ SHINDIG! ★★★★★ MONKEY BOXING A Hip Hammond Hybrid of 60’S R’N’B, Latin, Soul, Bongo-Fuzz and Funk.
Tickets& Prices: You will need to contact the venue as strict booking systems are in place.
Big Boss Man’s Dance-floor favourite “Sea Groove” has exceeded 4.7 MILLION streams on Spotify! When Blow Up records artistes Big Boss Man hit the stage you don’t just get the look and feel of some of the best jazzy soundtracks of the 60’s but the feel you’re somewhere in the best territory of Roy Budd during his Get Carter years.
Big Boss Man’s explosive live show is legendary and as well as playing hundreds of gigs and festivals across the UK, Europe and even Russia their music may sound familiar to you being regularly played on television shows including; the Grand Tour, Come Dine with Me, the World Cup Final and even Strictly Come Dancing! Also broadcast on BBC Radio by DJs Including Cerys Mathews, Craig Charles and Mark Lamarr. BBC Radio London’s Robert Elms regularly opens up his show with BBM’s “Theme from Last Man on Earth”. 2018 saw Big Boss Man touring France playing shows with Lisa and the Lips and Nicole Willis as well as playing live on National Radio in France. A check on the BBC website reveals 20 plays in recent times for Big Boss Man songs and a glance at their Publishers Statement shows that Big Boss Man music has been broadcasted in film and TV in dozens of countries worldwide.
Recent highlights include NYE at the Sage, Gateshead with Vintage Trouble, the Cult music Festival, Cosmic Trip, in Bourges, France, Germany’s 2 Men From L.I.N.Z Weekender, Looe Festival In Cornwall , the award winning Good Life Experience, Port Elliot festival Blow Up Records’ 25th Birthday show at the legendary 100 Club and sold out shows in Brighton, at the Troubadour in London, Cwmdu Studios in Wales, the Louisiana in Bristol and at the Railway Hotel in Southend. Big Boss Man also provide music for the soundtrack to the multi-award winning documentary “Tales from Tin Pan Alley” — showing at film festivals worldwide now!
Previously BBM have: recorded 4 albums for Blow Up Records, toured Spain 8 times, taken a mini-tour of Russian Tinkoff Brewery Bars, provided the sound track to a Mighty Boosh film, (Sweet) remixed a Paul Weller single (the bottle), had their debut 7” single Sea Groove sampled by the Thievery Corporation (the numbers game) played live sessions and Latitude Festival for Mark Lamar , live session for Cerys Mathews and even remixed a German 70s kids programme theme tune! (Robi Tobi und das Fliewatuut).
There is some important information that all customers planning on visiting Arlington Arts must remember and adhere to:
- If you are feeling unwell, particularly with symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT visit the venue.
- Please bring as few possessions as possible. Our cloakroom will not be open to reduce potential contact and keeping the auditorium clutter free will also help reduce chances of transmission.
- You MUST wear a face covering when inside the venue. Masks are available to purchase from the Box Office for £1.50.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and exit, before and after using the toilets or lift and as often as you like.
- If you pick up a leaflet/programme please take it with you.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
- We have signs posted around the venue with clear instructions should you forget some of the guidance on arrival. Please follow the instructions, they are there to help keep you and others as safe as possible.
- The performers have also been given strict instructions on how they can help keep transmission and contact low.
- The venue will undergo a deep clean after every performance.
- Staff will be regularly cleaning hand rails, doors and spaces within the venue that people are likely to become in contact with.
SOCIALLY DISTANCED SEATING
- Going forward, we will be operating with a socially distanced seating plan which you can see below.
- Maximum seated capacity is now just under 50% at 118 to remain compliant with social distancing guidelines. Please note seats marked ‘X’ are unavailable for booking, to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- To reduce the chances of transmission, Arlington Arts will now be operating with e-tickets only. When you purchase your tickets, you shall receive an order confirmation with a link to your downloadable tickets. Copy and paste this link to your address bar and hit enter.
- Your tickets will begin to download. Click on the file at the bottom of your browser and your tickets should appear, it will look like the example below:
- You can either print the ticket off and bring it with you to be scanned at a safe distance or alternatively, we can scan the ticket from a mobile device.
STAGGERED ENTRY TIMES
- We will be utilising staggered entry times to avoid queues. You will be given your entry time via email in the lead up to the event.
- Please arrive at the venue during your entry time period, you will not be allowed into the venue until your allocated entry time.
- There will be a one-way system in place whilst you are in the building. This system will be shown clearly via signs throughout the venue, please respect the one-way system and if you need clarification, ask a member of staff.
FOOD AND DRINK
- The bar will be open as usual before the show and you will be able to order drinks as you arrive to take in with you. We are asking all customers to order their interval drinks as soon as they arrive. Staff will then direct you to collect your order from allocated zones during the interval.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or 01635 244246.