The pretty villages of West Berkshire have a long history, including a long lost railway line running through them.
The station opened on 4 April 1898 as Eastbury. The vast majority of the station’s traffic was milk; there was little demand for other goods and so the lack of a yard meant that the milk churns would be left on the platform to be collected.
On 9 July 1934, the station became unstaffed and was renamed Eastbury Halt.
The station closed to all traffic on 4 January 1960.