Are you ready to take back control and overcome your pain ? I’m delighted to inform you that my book “THE PAIN FREE MINDSET” will be coming to a bookstore near you on March 4th 2021. You can pre order your copy now.
There is no easy fix when it comes to chronic pain. Opioids are often the first, addictive resort and surgery rarely achieves the pain free outcome promised. But while there is no single fix, there is a way out and it starts with your mindset.
This is the powerful approach of The Pain-Free Mindset, where NHS pain consultant Dr Ravindran brings his 20 years of experience to offer you an effective set of techniques that will help you take back control and overcome your pain. In this groundbreaking guide you will:
·Discover what happens to your body and brain when you experience pain
·Learn how you can change the way you perceive and respond to pain – without taking addictive medication
·Find the best pain-management plan for you and your lifestyle
Packed with science-backed tips and inspiring case studies this book will transform your mindset and show that you have the power to live pain free.
I’m Dr. Deepak Ravindran. I am the lead consultant for Pain Medicine and Musculoskeletal medicine at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, Berkshire. I am also a Lifestyle medicine physician making me Over the past 22 years, I have looked after patients in pain and for the last decade, I have been treating, managing and helping people with acute and chronic pain both in hospital and in the community. Pain is very, very complex. I have learnt that a lot of things we were taught in medical school has to be re-imagined in light of what we have understood about the nervous system and brain.
Transform your mindset and show that you have the power to live pain free
This book has been the culmination of 23 years of my knowledge on pain management and a chance to bring the best of the new knowledge about chronic pain in your hands and for you to apply right away.
Pain is very complex and it is only by adopting and open and pain free MINDSET that we can appreciate the number of factors that influence and amplify pain. There are a lot of flawed beliefs around pain that I highlight which account for the worsening of the problem rather than helping it.
With THE PAIN FREE MINDSET in your hands you will be able to get a much better understanding of your pain. It will help you create your own personalised plan and you can use that to talk to your own doctor or better yet, gain the ability to overcome your pain.
My mission is to help you understand the complexity of pain in an easy way and introduce you to the new way of pain science and realize that we can rewire the brain and adopt a more holistic way of controlling pain and in some cases become pain free.
There are a lot of flawed beliefs and thoughts that occupy the present healthcare system and they often account for the worsening of the problem rather than helping it. Everything we were taught about pain has to be unlearnt and the explosion of new robust knowledge demonstrates that we need to not just adopt a biological approach but also a psychosocial approach.
I am passionate about adopting a trauma informed approach to healing pain. The time has come for integrating the conversation about the social determinants of health and our present healthcare. We need to go UPSTREAM in order to manage pain better and get control of it before it controls us. The need has also come for all hospitals and other specialist centres to adopt a trauma-informed approach to managing pain. We need to first of all understand pain better and accept that drugs don’t work that effectively nor do all interventions/surgeries. We now know that all our best practice specialist care only amounts to about 20% of all meaningful improvement. The remaining 80% comes from environment and individual personality and the social determinants of health.
Chronic pain especially requires an approach that is not just about medications or injections/surgery but also supporting health in its entirety—fully integrating self management alongside expert support care when needed in a preventative approach The work that I do in my clinical life as a doctor, educator and speaker is raise awareness of these issues and find new ways to empower patients and doctors by providing new solutions that enhance lifestyle, well-being and health, prevent disease, and relieve chronic pain.