Foxes Catering with Karen Sweeney
This Week with Karen
On this momentous Sunday I write this before we know the outcome of the Lioness’ match. One thing that has really stuck out over the last few weeks are the number of comments about how lady footballers seem to fall over less often, how curious is that ! No doubt it will be a great match. Sadly, the same cannot be said of the lady cyclists in La Tour de France Femmes, horrid crash involving around 30 cyclists in stage 5, a real pile up !
The dry hot spell seems to have advanced harvest somewhat this year, I have noticed things I have never seen before, wheat crops harvested before rape, and the bean fields are already going black, they are usually the last crop waiting to be collected in. Last night here there was a combine still going after we went to bed, thank God for the bright lights they have. Sadly, it points to there also being very little dew for the gardens. When the rain does arrive, we shall soon be moaning. I saw pictures of floods in UAE, YES UAE!!!! I had to double check that and look at the news reels. I don’t think it was fake news???
So I had to leave the missive and do things…………….What a result for the girls, cracking stuff…………now I am back home I want to see the goals and highlights, even though I once in my youth played for a German team, Tura Niederhochstadt as a goalie, I have never had much interest in football, but these girls have played their hearts out and done themselves so proud, they really have made it a momentous Sunday!!! Let’s hope the youngsters are now inspired !
Enjoy the week ahead,
Nick & Karen
01488 638269 or 07787891945
Weekly Delivery Option
Fancy a change? Fed up with cooking? Have a night off with Delivery Food from Foxes! All dishes arrived chilled & ready to pop in the oven. Order before noon on Wednesday for Friday or Saturday delivery. They deliver within a 5-10 mile radius of Welford, which includes Wantage, Challow, the Hanneys, Chieveley, Newbury, Inkpen, Kintbury, Hungerford, Great Shefford, Letcombe Regis, Letcombe Bassett and Childrey.
Here’s how it works
- Have a look at this week's menu in the blog and let them know if you would like any vegetarian options and your pudding choice.
- Please place your order using the order form on their. web page, by Messenger on their Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Place your order before midday on Wednesday for Friday or Saturday delivery; arrangements will be made for a delivery time when they confirm your order.
- They will send confirmation email with an invoice and payment details. Payment is by Paypal or bank transfer, they would really appreciate payment as soon as you receive their confirmation email.
- Delivery within 5-10 miles of Welford is free, other distances by arrangement (a small fee may be added).
- Subject to availability.
- Any questions? Please call us on 01488 638269 or email email@example.com
- If their weekly menu appeals to you for a gathering or lunch/ dinner party and you would like it delivered in serving dishes rather than disposables, you only need to ask. If you fancy a trip out you are always welcome to go and collect .
They are increasingly asked to provide afternoon tea for all different occasions. Traditionally, afternoon tea is a mix of sandwiches, scones and cake and, in the 19th century, was served around 4pm to fill the long gap between lunch and dinner, which could be served as late as 8pm. Lifestyles have changed and afternoon tea is seen as more of a treat and it can be an ideal offering at a wedding or any party occasion.
They are offering an Afternoon Tea delivery service, and can be a lovely way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion.
*** Please note, they deliver within a 5-10 mile radius of Welford, Berkshire which includes Wantage, Challow, the Hanneys, Chieveley, Newbury, Inkpen, Kintbury, Hungerford, Great Shefford, Letcombe Regis, Letcombe Bassett and Childrey ***
- Bowl food
- Finger buffet
- Starter's, Mains & Desserts
- Funeral Tea
- Special Diets
- Foxes Catering