Love our restaurant? Our team share the most popular starter, main course and dessert from this season, and teach you to confidently re-create some of our most popular restaurant dishes at home. We’ll share some of our kitchen secrets including ‘partition preparation’ where most of the cooking is done before your guests arrive leaving you to spend more time at the table and less time in the kitchen.
• Morning involves demonstrations and practical sessions making some of the components that make up some of the restaurant dishes
• You will be fully capable of creating a Woodspeen classic starter, main course and dessert
• Discuss what makes up great taste in a dish
• Where possible we’ll be using produce from our own vegetable plots to start to create some of the classics
• Enjoy your starter with your fellow cooks around The Chef's Table for lunch, The tutor will masterclass the main-course for you to re-create at home, and the main course you have made will be packed up for you to serve at home.
To take away: Main course and Dessert made on the day and all notes and recipes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.
Related upcoming events
08/08/2022 - 31/08/2022 All day
Holiday Craft Fun
The school summer holidays are here and there is a lot happening in our libraries
Rhymetimes at Newbury Library are continuing on Tuesdays at 11am but most of the regular activities for children take a break over the summer. However, throughout the school holidays they have lots of special activities for you to enjoy, all of which are free.
- Burghfield Common Library – Thursdays 10.30-12.00
- Hungerford Library – Tuesdays 10.30-12.00
- Lambourn Library – Saturdays 10.30-11.30
- Mortimer Library – Tuesdays 3.00-4.00
- Pangbourne Library – Fridays 11.00-12.00
- Thatcham Library – Fridays 10.30-11.30
- Theale Library – Wednesdays 3.30-4.45
08/08/2022 10:00 - 27/08/2022 11:00
Superheroes needed for a special summer holiday mission!
Enter mission control at the Corn Exchange where you will transform into your superhero character before heading out on an immersive adventure around the town centre. Following a map and using your magic goggles to help you navigate, you will meander to different locations looking for clues and puzzles to complete as part of your quest.
Discover Newbury's hidden corners, search for rarely seen native wildlife and above all else, work together as a team to complete the mission.
The Superhero Adventure Trail is a new outdoor commission created by A Line Art and produced by Corn Exchange Newbury.
08/08/2022 15:00 - 31/08/2022 17:00
BANDSTAND PERFORMANCES | 12TH JUNE – 25TH SEPTEMBER | 3PM – 5PM | VICTORIA PARK, NEWBURY | FREE
Newbury Town Council will be hosting live bands in the famous bandstand in Victoria Park on weekends on a (nearly!) weekly basis throughout June to September. Each event is free to all to attend and takes place from 3pm – 5pm.
Make a day of it with some retail therapy at the local independent and national shops in Newbury, and take advantage of the many attractions, cafes, restaurants, and pubs on offer before settling down to some live music in the park!
For a breakdown of what to expect month-by-month, please see below:
Saturday 5th 3pm—5pm Beenham Wind Orchestra
Saturday 18th 3pm—5pm Blewbury Brass Band
Sunday 19th 3pm—5pm Brunel Brass Academy
Sunday 26th 3pm—5pm Cove Brass
Saturday 9th 3pm—5pm Wantage Youth Band
Sunday 10th 3pm—5pm Royal Wootton Bassett Brass
Sunday 17th 3pm—5pm Abbey Brass
Saturday 23rd 3pm—5pm Ramsbury Silver Band
Sunday 24th 3pm—5pm Watership Brass
Sunday 31st 3pm—5pm Hungerford Town Band
Sunday 7th 3pm—5pm East Woodhay Band
Sunday 14th 3pm—5pm South Berks Concert Band
Sunday 21st 3pm—5pm Phoenix Brass
Sunday 4th 3pm—5pm Cold Ash Brass
Sunday 11th 3pm—5pm Cholsey Silver Band
Sunday 18th 3pm—5pm Wroughton Silver Band
Sunday 25th 3pm—5pm Pangbourne Band
08/08/2022 14:00 - 08/08/2022 16:00West Berkshire Libraries summer holiday LEGO Clubs are running in the following libraries:Other dates available.
08/08/2022 12:23 - 26/08/2022 12:23
Working with The Waterside Centre and MNR Coaching, Berkshire Youth are running free sports session for children and young people aged 8+ in parks across West Berkshire this summer. There’s no need to book, just turn up!
Sessions are as follows:
Fridays 29 July; 5, 12, 19 and 26 August 2.15 – 3pm
3.15 – 4pm
4.15 – 5pm
Basketball, Step Challenge, Cricket and Multisports