ONLINE Papercutting: Special Occasions
Fri 16th April at 10am
Fri 16th April 10am - 11:30am workshop demo with Q&A
Fri 30th April 10am - 11am follow up session
This LivePlus™ online workshop is the perfect follow on for students of Christine's previous beginners papercutting workshops.
We all love receiving a bespoke gift whether it’s for a birthday, wedding, new baby or anniversary. This course will show students how to design, develop and cut their own messages.
We will look at different type groups and how they can be combined to create unique designs. We’ll also explore some layouts that can be adapted for a variety of messages and how to add in some simple illustrative elements to enhance your designs.
- identifying the difference typeface families
- drawing letters freehand so that they can be cut out
- looking for ways of joining letters together seamlessly
- using layout paper to develop ideas
- how to develop a design using a shape, e.g. house, cat, heart to contain the words
- how to develop a design using words and minimal images
- finishing designs neatly
- how to finish and present cut outs