Everything’s sparkling with music and magic at Longleat this Christmas! Belt out carols with Britain’s biggest singing Christmas tree, follow the disco balls through our after dark Hedge Maze, settle down for a storytime with owls and even meet Santa and his elves!
Warmth and wonder await you at Longleat…
- Show Times: every 20 minutes from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Location: Stable Yard
Back by popular demand! Some feathery friends are taking up residence in The Longhouse and helping us tell an enchanting, festive tale
Come in from the cold, take a seat and get ready to take a magical journey through Longleat on a cold winter’s night – in this story all of our residents are tucked up in bed but some beautiful birds are just coming out to play.
Keep your ears pricked and your eyes peeled as Longleat's stunning Harris Hawk, Barn Owl and Eagle Owl take centre stage, gliding through the air above your head as they bring this twilight tale to life.
A Flight Before Christmas is only on during Christmas at Longleat so make sure you don't miss out; this is the perfect addition to your festive-fun day out.
- Show Times: 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Location: The Longhouse
- This is an extremely popular experience and pre-booking is essential.
- The Santa Trains run daily on Christmas at Longleat opening dates through to 24th December (inclusive).
- You must have a valid Christmas All-in-one Ticket or Annual Pass Ticket to book onto the Santa Train.
- Each Child's Santa Train ticket purchased includes a gift from Santa, and each Adult Santa Train ticket includes a hot chocolate and a mince pie.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to ride the train alone and must be accompanied by an adult with a Santa Train ticket.
- Each train can carry 1 x wheelchair. To book this place please contact Guest Services on 01985 844400 before you book.
- The train will operate in nearly all weather. In the unlikely event that it is deemed necessary to close the railway, alternative sessions will be offered subject to availability
It may be getting chilly outside but you can still enjoy our immersive six-and-a-half-mile Safari Drive-through.
The Safari is well worth a visit during the Winter as lots of animals will still be out and about. Our tigers and lions, in particular, who are partial to a catnap in the sunshine, are often much more active in cooler weather.
Not all of our residents are fans of wintry Wiltshire weather, however. If it’s considerably cold or wildly wet some of our furry, feathery and scaly friends might be hard to spot or even choose to stay warm and cosy inside. Our lovely tower of giraffe, in particular, often don’t head down to the East African reserve at this time of year. However, you can usually still see them
in their grass paddock, from a viewing area at the top of the African Village car park.
- In order to minimise queueing in the Safari Park, we may move our carnivores into their drive-by paddocks from 1pm. This means guests will not have to wait for the carnivore gates to be opened and closed when passing through these areas.
- Due to COVID-19, please remember that the Winter Safari Drive-through can get very busy, and last entry is at 2pm. We recommend that you arrive as early as possible for the best experience. Throughout Christmas at Longleat the Winter Safari Drive-through will open at 10am.
To ensure the best Safari experience, you will be asked to select your preferred entry time. Choose from between 10am and 12pm or between 12pm and 2pm. You may enter the Winter Safari Drive-through at any time during your chosen slot and you may visit the Main Square attractions both before and after your Safari adventure (subject to Park opening hours); the choice is entirely yours.
More Festive Fun
Wander to the front of Longleat House and you'll be transported through a 50 metre tunnel of light for a sensory experience leading you to a festive-filled display. The Front of Longleat House Show combines synchronised lights in time to some classic Christmas tunes, surrounded by over 100 warmly lit Christmas trees.
Explore our Wonderland Walk through Jungle Kingdom and Monkey Temple. A charming trail of illuminated sculptured flowers dotted alongside the snowy paths. Wander through the Hedge Maze as it’s adorned by thousands of twinkling lights for a magical atmosphere at twilight. And bask in festive spirit as you listen to carols in the Park’s Main Square.
NEW FOR 2021! Visit The Longhouse for our entertaining Christmas Cabaret featuring Longleat elves. Do they have the Xmas Factor? Come and find out!
Then take a walk around Main Square, where Festive Food, Drink and Gift Huts have popped up. Enjoy the sweet scents and tastes of luxury hot chocolate and mulled wine and peruse the personalised decorations.
Longleat gifts, Christmas homeware, food and hampers available in the shops.
And remember all of our animal residents are waiting to meet you too! Make sure you don’t miss the Winter Safari Drive-through or our Australian ambassadors in Koala Creek.
NEED TO KNOW:
- The Front of Longleat House Show is a 10 minute display that starts at 4.30pm and will run every 15 minutes with the last show at 6:50pm.
The Christmas Cabaret is a 15 minute show running every 30 minutes from 11am to 2pm
- Christmas at Longleat