Welcome to LivePlus™ from Ardington Academy and New Workshops
Workshops for December and 2021
How LivePlus Works:
There are several workshop options – a single workshop which includes one lesson and a follow up feedback session, or a series workshop, which means there are several consecutive daily or weekly teaching sessions including feedback. Dates and timings are shown on each workshop page.
Book your workshop online, as you would with our usual Ardington School of Crafts in-person courses. You will receive a confirmation email, receipt for payment and joining instructions for a Zoom video conferencing session(s) for your workshop.
Decide if you want to buy the materials and equipment in advance directly from the tutor (not available for all workshops). Alternatively ,you can wait until after you have attended the LivePlus workshop and buy from the tutor, or even source your own materials and equipment. Many items are easily improvised and full details, including supplier lists, are provided with your joining instructions.
On the day and time of the workshop, click the Zoom link* sent in your confirmation email and meet your tutor. During the workshop, the tutor will talk you through a series of live detailed step-by-step demonstrations during which you can ask questions and interact with other students. You don’t need to work along with the tutor – this is the time to watch, ask and learn. For the best viewing experience, we recommend that you use a bigger screen such as a PC, laptop or iPad / tablet, but you can also join via Smart phone if you have great eyesight!
After the workshop, you will be sent a link to the video recording of it, so that you can replay it as many times as you like and follow along at your own pace.
For single workshops you will have a follow up feedback session on Zoom with the tutor and students in your workshop, where you can see everyone’s results, share your learnings and challenges, ask questions and get feedback from your tutor. This will usually happen two weeks after the main workshop.
The series workshops will include feedback as you work your way through the regular sessions, and the last session of the series will usually be extra long to cover any final questions you may have.
After two weeks, video links will expire (this will increase to 30 days for workshops taking place after 1st September 2020). Then it’s time to book more LivePlus workshops!
* Important note: Please check our terms and conditions which explain your responsibility regarding having a good internet connection and computer suitable to join an online course and play video. It’s also highly recommended that you get yourself familiar with Zoom before you join the workshop to ensure you don’t lose any of your precious tutor time with technology hitches. There are some great free Zoom tutorials available here. Zoom is really easy to join and also free for you to use; you can even set up your own account and play with it yourself in advance of joining your course!
Zoom signing in process – Step by step guide using screenshots
2. Click on ‘Open Zoom’ (screenshot 1 below)
3. Click on ‘Join With Video’ (screenshot 2)
4. You will be placed in a ‘Waiting Room’ (screenshot 3), so the host can verify your booking. This is a security measure to protect you and us from uninvited guests
5. Once you are verified, Click on ‘Join With Computer Audio’
6. You’re in!! Enjoy your workshop